If you are a new, unrated CBVA member
- When you sign up for a full membership on Team Arrange, the system flags your need for a new rating to the ratings committee. Therefore, there is no need to contact us as we are aware of your need for a new rating.
- Until you receive an official CBVA rating, you are permitted to self-select into rated sessions on Sundays (please review the Player Benchmarks section of the website in order to help you make a determination).
- Please note that we will only base our observations and review of skill level on Sunday’s rated sessions to minimize the impact that level variance has on your performance.
- We will finalize your official rating within 2-4 weeks. Until then, please continue to attend Sunday’s rated sessions based on self-selection. You will receive an email notification with your final rating.
If you are an existing CBVA member requesting an up-rate for yourself
This process is now embedded into Team Arrange. Please log on and follow these steps to put your request through the system for processing by CBVA:
- Click on the profile icon with your initials in the top right corner.
- Click on “Sport Groups” to the left.
- Select “Request Rating Evaluation”.
For up-rate requests, we will first review the request based on current observations and feedback, then proceed to do one of three things:
- Up-rate Without Further Action:
Your skills clearly indicate the need for an up-rate. There is no need for further observations or discussions amongst the ratings committee. Your up-rate takes effect immediately and will be final.
- Recommend for 30-Day Trial at the REQUESTED Session:
Due to either disagreement among the ratings committee members, significant variance in different skills, or other reasons, the committee has determined that it cannot make an informed decision unless the member is able to play at the requested level among peers of a similar skill level. In this scenario, the member’s rating will be temporary adjusted to allow for play at the requested level for 30 days. During this time period, the ratings committee will continue to observe and discuss the member, provide feedback, and make a final determination, which can take place at the conclusion of the trial period or sooner.
- No Change Without Further Action:
The ratings committee does not feel that the member is ready and no trial will be granted. In this case, the member is encouraged to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and specific feedback will be offered in order for the member to progress.
If you would like to request an up-rate for a CBVA member other than yourself
There is currently no method to do this through Team Arrange. Instead, you should email email@example.com with the member in question’s name and requested skill level/session. We will process accordingly.
Please note the following additional points:
- At times, the ratings committee will assign provisional ratings on Team Arrange, denoted by “~ (number)”. Provisional ratings are not final and are subject to change when a final, official rating is determined.
- If a player disagrees with their rating, an appeal may be filed with the Board. The Board can choose to uphold the rating, request a re-rating, or perform a re-rating themselves. Appeal requests shall be submitted in writing to all of the following: the Ratings Chair, the Commissioner, and the Deputy Commissioner.
A player may not request an up-rate more than twice in any given season (noting that an up-rate request that results in an up-rate will NOT count towards the two-per-year minimum) and shall wait a minimum of 3 months between up-rate requests.